Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mason's peditrician gave me diflucan

Well, it's been a great week. Mason had his regular 4 year check up on Tuesday. I decided I would talk to the doctor and ask about yeast treatment (diflucan) and getting his immune system tested. He gave me the card of a lady to get his immune system checked. Also we found Mason has another ear infection. I believe this is number 4 this year.

Ask and you shall receive.

Mason's regular peditrician gave me a two month supply of diflucan. I simply told him EVERY time we up his probiotic that we see more speech and then it slowly fades away. I told him that some of these kids need an anti fungal for two or three months and some need it for a year. He said "I can do that". I think my mouth hit the floor. He gave me a two month supply and told me to call back in a month and let him know how he's doing.

We are on day three today. We are seeing a huge regression. He's not talking to much, he's licking and chewing EVERYTHING (his shirt, his arm, the front of his bike, his fingers). I'm so happy. Regression to me means something is happening for a good reason. It means it's killing the yeast. I hope it gets better soon. I hate to see my little guy in distress but at the same time, No pain No gain.

Day 1 I really didn't see or notice anything different. Yesterday, day 2, Mason said some very interesting things. First my mom was watching him, I had a game, and they were getting ready to pick me and Bree up and my mom told him we have go to the school to get mommy and Aunt Brianna. Mason said "I know where we're going". Then last night His train fell off the track and he said "It falled off. I'll get you." HUGE It took a minute for it to sink in.

Now today, day 3, he's been asking for everything with sugar. I won't give it to him and he's pissed to say the least. He's chewing and licking everything and not really talking too much. Jenny Mccarthy said her son went almost catatonic and then started puking and other things I won't mention on here. Then she said that's when her son started having back and forth conversations with her. I'm crossing my fingers and taking video EVERY step of the way!

Pray that it helps :)

Also, i forgot to add that Mason gained 13 lbs in a year! When he was born he was in the 95th percentile for height and 90th for weight. At his two year appointment he was 95th for height and 50th for weight. Now he's back up to the 95th and 90th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment